Hemphill County Hospital’s (HCH) Emergency Department (ED) is a Level IV trauma center. We serve individuals within our community and the surrounding region who require emergency care.
The ED maintains 24-hour emergency services that meet the needs of acutely-ill patients of all ages, including:
- Patient assessment and treatment directed by physician’s orders, as well as hospital and departmental policies
- Patient education and discharge planning
- Therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Medication administration
- Transfer, if necessary, to the appropriate tertiary care center
Each patient is individually evaluated for a plan of care.
The ED provides emergency services via a three-bed unit. Care in the ED is provided by the best physicians, registered nurses, and EMT/ED techs in the region. Care is supported by on-call physicians and a 24-hour on-call lab and radiology staff.