Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Hemphill County Hospital’s Physical Therapy Department provides a wide-range of physical therapy services to patients of all ages in Canadian and the surrounding region. Through quality and compassionate care, our physical therapy team is dedicated to helping patients become healthier and more active—and return to living their lives to the fullest!
Our department is comprised of licensed physical therapists (PTs) and physical therapist assistants (PTAs) who are professionally trained in helping patients reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, recover from injury or surgery, and so much more. We provide care for people in a variety of settings, including treating outpatients at our PT clinic, our hospital’s inpatients, and patients of home health, as well as residents in our assisted living and senior living communities.
Physical therapists utilize treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. PTs can teach patients how to prevent re-injuries or manage their condition so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
Physical therapy services provided at our clinic include:
- Musculoskeletal Treatment (muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons, discs, soft tissue)
- Tendon tears (rotator cuff in shoulder, Achilles tendon injuries)
- Trauma injuries (sprains, strains, joint dislocations, fractures)
- Back pain, osteoporosis, arthritis
- Joint injury and replacement
- Repetitive stress injuries (tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Sports injuries
- Other injuries, including strains and sprains
- Therapy for Walking Difficulties
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Gait and balance training
- Functional Mobility Training
- Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Pain Control Interventions
- Wound Care
- Assistive Device Training
- Therapeutic modalities for treating pain:
- Electrical Stimulation
- Paraffin Bath
- Hot Packs
At the onset of a person’s first visit, a licensed physical therapist will evaluate the patient’s medical and physical history, the injury or disorder, age, level of activity, and other lifestyle factors in order to develop the most effective customized treatment plan unique to that individual. Just as no two patients are exactly the same, we believe no two treatment plans should be exactly the same.
All therapy services are rendered upon orders from a physician.
Our hours of operation are 8:00am—5:00pm Monday through Friday. To learn more about HCH Physical Therapy or schedule an appointment, call 806-323-9158.
Sam Conner, PTA
David Godino, PT, DPT, OCS
Brian Broadbent, PT, DPT
Hemphill County Hospital District
Get the Healthcare You Need
When You Need it.
Our caring staff is available to help get you or your loved ones the right kind of care, at the right time. Whether that is emergency, hospital, specialty, home or any of the 75+ types of care that we offer, we are here to help get you back where you belong.